i got an E-Mail from www.google.com/ about new vacancies for Software Engineers at Middle-East which is
Code Jam has let us know that you may be interested in hearing from us about potential roles @ Google.
The good news is that we have offices throughout the world and we're particularly keen to hire Arabic-speaking engineers for our new Google development offices in the Middle East.
We're not working on simply localising technologies developed in other countries, nor do we seek engineers who want to work on improving infrastructure. Instead, Google software engineers invent whole new technologies from scratch; stuff that will interest & inspire users across the world and affect 100's of 1,000's of people.
"We are not simply looking for engineers to solve the problems they already know the answers to; we are interested in engineers who can work out the answers to questions they have not come across before."
If this is something that might interest you, please let us know!
Make sure that you have the words "Code Jam 2008" on your CV and apply via the online application here:
Software Engineer - Middle East
This position will be available at a Google site in the Middle East.
The area: Software Engineering
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies for which we've become world-renowned. In addition to revolutionizing search technology, we use our world-class programming skills to innovate in a number of other areas as well. Our projects include working on advanced information-retrieval algorithms, massive scalability and storage solutions, and large-scale applications that enrich the user experience. We also work extensively on networking systems, advertising systems and complex transaction systems in consumer applications.
The role: Software Engineer - Middle East
Software Engineers at Google are developers who yearn to create and implement full product life-cycles – not just code solutions. This means you need to have a solid foundation in computer science, you consistently come up with new ideas and you would naturally strive for a deep understanding of your products in order to be able to continually improve upon them. With the bigger picture in mind, you will seek to code elegant systems. Our teams develop massively scalable, distributed software systems and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal – which requires research, awareness, interactivity and asking questions. You bring strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how stuff fits together. You're motivated to experiment and take chances in order to make a difference in your field, unafraid to stand up for your ideas and eager to embrace change. As a Google engineer, you will work on problems in a number of areas, including cutting-edge information retrieval algorithms, scalability issues related to dealing with huge amounts of data and a rapidly increasing user population, and developing Google's portfolio of Arab specific products. You'll be comfortable within an agile software development environment, where engineers each handle all aspects of system architecture, design, coding and testing, without a job hierarchy.
- Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's Arab specific product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects utilising natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information. - Solve all problems that come your way.
- MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or PhD (preferred) with an exceptionally strong record of academic achievement.
- Strong C/C++/Java programming skills and several years of software development experience.
- Software background and success developing large scale, web-based applications, ideally launched in the Arab market.
- Substantial knowledge of Unix/Linux or Windows environments.
- Extensive experience with designing and programming distributed systems.
- Enthusiasm for finding and solving interesting technical problems from a globally scaled perspective.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (both classical and modern) as well as good knowledge and understanding of Arab culture
I look forward to hearing from you!!
Technical Recruiter, Google, Inc.
*Tips to interviewing at Google*
*** Currently hiring experienced engineers for the ARAB region, to invent & develop specialist Arabic Google products: http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/answer.py?answer=96739
Friday, August 15, 2008